Friday, May 9, 2008

Color Inspiration #8

I was going to use this week's challenge colors to make a Christmas card, but then I saw my son's new swimming shorts with these same colors, and thought of the beach...

Anyways, seems like something is missing in this card: maybe I should've used patterned paper for the wave or sky...it just doesn't seem "gnarly" enough.

I wanted a graphic/clean-line cut for the wave (since it is a boy card...my guys like clean lines; nothing sketchy). I used my French Curve (from drafting class, used a million years ago in college) to make the wave. I first made a wave template, then flipped it over and traced onto white cardstock, and cut it out with scissors. I did the same with the blue paper, only I cut in 1/8th inch from template line.

Kind of have to laugh about the orange strips: that is all that I had left of the spicy orange color, so couldn't mat the sentiment...just tried to make it look like the wood on a pier...


SUPPLIES: Paper...The Stack 4 (DCWV), orange and blue (Paper Company), Other..."Beachtype" font printed in Orange, dimensionals, brads (Making Memories)

4 comments:

wendyp said...

Dude! Loving that wave action! Cool card!

Tanja said...

Cute! I love it!

Stamp With Linz said...

Love it! One of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

What a great guy card ... so perfect for the colors ... just wonderful!