Saturday, May 24, 2008

Kidspiration (sort of)

So usually, if I do a card challenge, my girls get inspired to make a card, too. But I haven't had time to do any challenges the past couple of weeks, and my girls were complaining to me that they wanted me to do SOMETHING, so that they could get inspired. I said, "What if I give us a sketch challenge?" They said, "Yay!" Sooo, here is the sketch challenge (I think it's an old one that I found on someone's blog), and our interpretations...
Here's the messy sketch I gave them...












Here is Sophia's card, made for Peter. It used a cool Curious George stamp that I found at a thrift store. Stamped in black, and colored with Prismacolor pencils.





Anastasia is still loving the Birds Galore set from Inkadinkado. Here, it is paired with Aerial paper by Memory Box. Letters are Small Variety Alphabet by Hero Arts, stamped in Versamark and clear-embossed (Anastasia is all about embossing).





Here's mine. I just bought this Lockhart cherries stamp and was dying to use it. This stamp is so good that it practically colors itself! I don't have any copics yet, so I colored it with some Prismacolor markers (I have a few that the kids used for an art class 4 years ago. I really only have 10 markers, and it just so happened that I had lt and dk green, and lt and dk red! Just what I need for cherries, yay! I didn't have any marker for the colander, so I used prismacolor pencil and gamsol for that.). Paper is Gramercy Park by American Crafts.

I had to laugh, because I wanted to put the image more to the left, but my girls said that would break the rules of the challenge! There are rules? Anyways, sketch challenges are fun because it really takes the stress off of "what is the best placement" for the image and patterned paper (since I'm new at this, sometimes I'll spend forever trying to decide the best placement, when really there are a lot of options and maybe none are best, but all are appealing?)

No comments: