Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Preserving Some Flowers

I've been working on cards with browns, oranges, and autumnal colors lately. I don't mind those colors, but needed some bright colors to make me happy again. So I decided to use these ones for Papertrey's weekly card challenge: Spring Moss, Lemon Tart, and Christmas Red (not really sure if that's what it's called; it was a scrap in my "Red" folder). And white...can't forget that, because somehow it reminds me of crisp, clean linens...

I wanted to do an image of a flower, but I really don't have any flower stamps, so I used the little ones from "Boxes, Bags & Tags"...stamped them in the lighter shade first, then rotated the stamp and stamped in the darker red. I think I could have added something to the centers, though. I used a stem from "Green Thumb", and stem leaves are from "Out on a Limb". I kind of messed up the sentiment, so I just covered it with a new sentiment on a Spellbinders tag. The Lemon was stamped with the solid leaves from "Out on a Limb" in Versamark. The bow is a faux bow that Tracy told me about (she gave me this link, which has a good video tutorial). It seems that I learn a few new things about card making every week, but don't always use them. My latest goal is to do at least one challenge and use at least one new technique a week. We'll see how long I can do that...anyways, here are my happy flowers:
SUPPLIES: Stamps...Out on a Limb, Boxes Bags & Tags, Green Thumb , Mixed Messages (PTI); Ink...Noir (Palette), Spanish Olive (Versamagic Chalk), Chianti & Scarlet (Colorbox), Versamark; Paper...Lemon Tart, Stamper's Select White (PTI), Red (unknown scrap); Misc...Tag Trio, Rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders), White grosgrain (Joann's)


Now, I just had to take some photos of my friends in the back yard, as a way of preserving them, so that I can look at them in the winter and smile...

These guys are SO TALL...like 7 or 8 feet. They are funny, because they bloom only at the top and their tops are almost too high to enjoy. But their blooms are gorgeous...
So I just lifted my camera, and started shooting...this is what the birds get to see. It's like the flowers are blooming just for them...Hello, Roses! (Sorry, I really like roses...)

No comments: