Tuesday, October 21, 2008

White Cane Day and Halloween

Well, this is way late...last Wednesday (October 15) was National White Cane Day. We actually didn't know this was an official "day" until we attended this event! The students from Ziggy's school walked about 2 miles from the school to a park downtown. Then there were refreshments and a mini ceremony. The mayor actually gave a speech! Very cool!

The students also set up a little table with samples of braille, notetakers, etc. One student had a braillewriter, and she would write your name in braille for you. Ziggy had her braille his name; he was a riot!



Okay, onto some cards...Here is a batch I did last week. A friend of mine wanted some "Vintage Halloween" cards, and this is what I came up with. I didn't have any vintage stamps so I used printed images that I got at my LSS. I got this idea from Lisa Zappa's Halloween cards
I bought some cool Martha Stewart glitter, and used that to sparkle up the mats. I had a bit of a problem with it warping, so maybe will have to use thicker cardstock next time.

I liked this one, with the dog. This uses My Mind's Eye papers (Night Lights and Spooked Pumpkin Patch).

Not sure about this one, because the red didn't really go with the orange and brown, but hopefully she'll be okay with that.

Kind of a plain vintage...Just thought the image was cute enough without patterned paper competing with it.

And a final shot of my crew, at the White Cane Day festivities!!!

No comments: