Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Lockhart February Sketch

I finally finished this month's sketch over at "Fans of Karen Lockhart" on PCP. It was kind of fun, but a little difficult for me. The biggest hurdle for me was using blue...I just don't get happy with blue; I know a lot of people love it, but I really have a hard time with it.

I made this card with my kids' art teacher in mind. She loves blue, and most of her house has blue in it...so I just thought of her while I made it, and it made coloring so much easier....

For some fun, I stamped & colored 3 Itty Bitty apples and applied Glossy Accents to them. I cut them out, then glued them to the lower right of the card...you know, because teachers like apples? The sentiment was computer-generated and I wanted it to look like a tab on a file folder.
SUPPLIES:
Stamps...Pencils, IB apple (Lockhart)
Ink....Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper...Natural White (Neenah), Blue Awning (K & Co.), dark blue (Martha Stewart?)
Copics...YG03, YG91, E55
Prismacolor pencils...violet blue, lt. cerulean blue, cream
Misc....sentiment (AFL Nonmetric font), Glossy Accents (Ranger), dimensionals, rectangle & Labels 1 Nesties (Spellbinders)


I just realized that most of my posts start with a close-up of my card, followed by the entire card...that's getting a bit predictable, so I'll try to not do that next time :) Just for variety, you know...

1 comment:

Barb said...

Great card! Love the coloring on those pencils!