Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sweet Valentine Peas

I decided to try and make one more Valentine before the weekend...I used my Peapod of Hearts stamp again, but this time I tried to make it a bit more sparkly and sweet. I guess the sparkliest part is the matting behind the image: I cut out a Labels 1 mat, coated it with tacky glue, and drenched it in some Martha Stewart Rose Quartz glitter. That didn't seem sparkly enough, so I did a 2nd coat of glitter.

I wish you could see the ribbon in real life...it is really shimmery, and is made of green and raspberry fibers; the photo doesn't show the shimmer.

I wanted some bling, but am out of pink jewels, so I used some dew drops...

Had to do something for the inside, so used some leftover hearts from yesterday's card, paired with a $1 stamp I bought at Michael's last year:
Easy Peasy!!!

SUPPLIES:
Stamps...Peapod of Hearts, Sentiment (Lockhardt); inside sentiment (Michael's $1 bin), polka dot backgrounder (CHF)
Ink...Versamark, Tuxedo black (Memento)
Paper...Solar White (Neenah), RazzleBerry & Cotton Candy (PopTone)
Misc...Labels 1 (Spellbinders), heart punch (Martha Stewart), threading water punch (Fiskars), ribbon (May Arts), rose quartz & garnet glitter (Martha Stewart), clear dew drops, white paint pen

1 comment:

Barb said...

CUTE! Lovin' all the bling you add. That image is darling, I may have to add that one to my Lockhart collection. Love that scalloped edge, too.