Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Dad's Birthday



So my dad's birthday was earlier this month, and I actually knew what stamp I wanted to use on his card, since Dad is a big fly-fisherman...I had been thinking about getting this Thomas Kinkade stamp for almost a year, and finally took the plunge and bought it. I meant to show a photo of all my messed up stamped images (just so you know things don't come out perfectly the first time, and I do waste a lot of paper), and I should have shown a photo of my inky fingers (I'm kind of messy), but not this time.

This is a beautiful stamp. It is also quite large. I inked it with a pad, then smoothed it with a brayer. I tried several times to stamp on to the paper, with the paper on my craft table, but couldn't get an even image, so I ended up inking the stamp, then placing my paper on top of that and finger-pressing the paper...like you do with backgrounders.

I played around with different ink colors, too, just for fun...

For Dad's card, I used Adirondack Espresso Ink on Ivory card stock. I tried to highlight the fisherman by sponging around him with Distress Inks.

Since I was hand-delivering this one, I could make it as big as I needed to, so I had room for an embellishment! I found these swivels in the fishing department at a store, and thought they'd work. Tied them on the card with some fishing line that was unknowingly donated by Peter from his fishing box.

Dad liked it!!!


SUPPLIES:
Stamps....It Doesn't Get Much Better (CHF)
Ink....Espresso (Adirondack); Antique Linen, Vintage Photo (Distress Ink)
Paper...Dk Brown, Gold (DCWV); Natural White (Neenah)
Misc...Edge Distressor (MM), Fishing Line (Peter's fishing box), Brass Swivel (South Bend)

So then I decided to use up some of my extra images, and I made this one. It is standard size (4.25x5.5):


SUPPLIES:
Stamps....It Doesn't Get Much Better (CHF)
Inks....Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Paper...Black (Paper Accents), Mystic Medium (Prism); Solar White (Neenah)

I really like this stamp and am so glad I was able to make my Dad a card with it!

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh these are both just GORGEOUS Diana! I love the top one with the bit of sponged edges giving it a vignetted look!!!