Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mother's Day Card for a Friend

I don't know why, but every Mother's Day, I also hand out a few cards to the Moms in our life that aren't really our Mothers...one is the greeter at church that knows us by name (there's 6 of us, so it's no small task), and she likes to give the kids candy every once in a while; she's our Church Mommy.

Another is the kids' piano teacher, who shares her love of music with the kids every week, and also her passion for card making. She likes soft colors, and seems to like cards that have tiny elements on them.

This year, I made her a cherry blossom card, using PTI's Out on a Limb set. I wanted some dimension to the flowers, so I used my new, cute little flower punch. It was too hard to punch through vellum, so I used some parchment paper (I bought it in the Mexican food aisle at the grocery store; it's the kind used to wrap up tamales). Before I punched the flowers, I colored the parchment with two swipes of Copic R20, to give it a soft pink tint.


After the blossoms were glued on the card, I added a dot of Stardust Stickles to the centers. To keep things shiny & sparkly, I also lightly edged the image rectangle with a silver paint pen...very lightly, because I wanted just a hint of silver.


SUPPLIES:
Stamps...Out on a Limb (PTI)
Ink..........Charcoal (Palette), Tea Leaves, (Versamagic chalk ink)
Paper......Solar White (Neenah), Sweet Blush (PTI)
Misc........Classic rectangle Nestie (Spellbinders), Stardust Stickles, glues, silver paint pen, flower punch (Punch Bunch)



1 comment:

Barb said...

So pretty and delicate! I love what you did with the flowers!