I wanted to use my Lockhart Picnic stamp for the image, but wanted to use softer colors, to give it the feeling of a Spring picnic. The main card color of yellow was inspired by Anastasia, who vacuumed the stairs yesterday. She said to me, "Mom, you looked tired, and the stairs looked really dirty." Since she's my Yellow Girl, I chose that as my main color.
While I was coloring, I kept thinking of my Mom's strawberry-rhubarb pie that she used to make. Oh, I wish I had a piece right now! Since I don't, I tried to make my pie look like Mom's...
- Stamp...Picnic (Lockhart)
- Ink........Noir (Palette)
- Paper.....Solar White (Neenah), Homespun (Memory Box),
- Guava Dots(Lasting Impressions), Spring Moss (PTI)
- Misc.......Threading Water border punch (Fiskars), buttons #5 Sizzlets (Sizzix),
- white Opal Liquid Pearls, clear glaze pen (Sakura), clear Atyou Spica,
- coral rose grosgrain(Offray), Copics
And now for the question:
This card was supposed to have a bow and a tag with the word "celebrate" on it (instead of buttons). But the grosgrain I use is too thick and stiff to make a cute bow. Does anyone know where to buy thinner weight 3/8" grosgrain ribbon thant's easy to tie?
Thanks for stopping by today!