Thursday, April 7, 2011
Tuesday night was Card Class and the theme was "vellum." Leslie showed us how to make cute vellum luminaries for electric tealights. I didn't finish mine yet, so I can't post a photo.
I did bring other vellum ideas, though. The first two are from Nicole Heady:
Stamp design on back side of vellum with Versamark, then emboss with white EP. Sponge ink on design, and wipe of excess. The sentiment is stamped on front of vellum with Stazon.
Stamp image on back of vellum with Hawaiian Shores ink (PTI). Adhere it to card base with Scor-tape. The glitter strips are made by putting 1/8" Scor-tape on either side of colored cardstock, then sprinkling glitter on it.
I messed up on my first vellum background, so I decided to use it to make a flower embellishment. I cut out the shape using my (favorite) Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die. The center is a Making Memories gem brad.
My third card used a pattern from Paper Crafts magazine. I cut the apron shape from vellum, then ran it through my Big Shot with the Swiss Dots embossing folder.
Finished pressure washing the driveway and sidewalk today! My arm is killing me, but IT IS DONE!!!