Thursday, May 22, 2008

Origami in the House!!



So I really like displaying my kids' artwork in my house. I've done it since they could hold a crayon. My husband has had to put up with tons of taped up drawings and strange preschool sculptures sitting around the house for over 15 years. I don't know why, but I really like seeing their art. I even had a hard time washing the marker scribbles off of the walls; it was just so cute.

Anyways, last year, my girls watched a video on folding paper cranes, so they started making them, a few at a time, and they'd give them to me. I just stored them in our "China" box. This January, when we studied Chinese New Year, the box had tons of these guys, so I decided to display them over our fireplace. I cut a few branches from our magnolia tree, and voila! Cranes are in the house!

Anastasia has been adding more to our flock each week, since she likes to make a crane out of the church bulletin on Sunday morning. As long as she quiet about it, I guess that's okay...

No comments: