Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Other Half

Well, since I have twins, it wouldn't be right to post about just one of the birthday cards I made for The 16th Birthday, so here is Anastasia's card.

I went with a Jane Austen theme for hers, since she loved those books (and movies), and she is still hopeful that she will meet Mr. Darcy someday. Parchment, light colors, organdy and flowers...



I added some decoration to the inside and embossed a sheet of vellum with butterflies and attached it like a page, so it would (hopefully) look like a sheer curtain with light on one side and dreaminess on the other.

The sentiment is computer-generated (Jane Austen font, of course!), and cut out with a Tim Holtz die.

On the back cover, I attached a bookmark made with parchment paper, Tim Holtz and Bo Bunny (Gabrielle) stamps.


Here are the birthday girls, a few weeks ago...waiting for their friend to arrive at our house and to wish her a happy 16th birthday :)

No comments: