Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thank You Martha Stewart!

This is a thank-you card for my kids' art teacher. Her house is totally decorated in blue and white, so I think she'll like the colors on this. I was going to do all blue butterflies, but it didn't look airy enough, so I put in some white ones. The butterflies are from a Martha Stewart punch. I used another MS punch for the bottom edge.

I really like these punches: they're really easy to use, and store upright on the shelf. I think I have 3 now...so my question is: why is it that I go in to Michael's with my coupon and get one of these guys, and some other stuff and it ends up to be $4o or so, every time? Like every week, which is almost $200 a month. But then when I go online to order (like from Papertrey or Ellen Hutson, or CHF), I'll rethink every item (do I really need it? can I make 3 cards out of that?) and keep my order minimal and under budget. Just wondering...

SUPPLIES: Paper...Ariel (Memory Box), Light Blue (from LSS unmarked manufacturer); Stamps: Fancy Thank You (CHF); Ink...Aegean Blue (Versamagic Chalk); Other...Bling (Around the Block), clear embossing powder, ivory organdy ribbon

No comments: