Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day


Here's the card I made for my dad...kind of funny that this is the same layout of the first card I ever made; I guess it's my "go to" layout. You can't really see it in the photo, but the trees are clear-embossed, and the image edge is lightly sponged.

So Dad prays for everyone in the family every morning, and says each person's favorite verse before praying for that person. So I wrote all the verses, consecutively, in Optimus Princeps Semibold in light gray (set the margins so they would fit in 4.25x5.5 space), and printed it out twice. Then I wrote the sentiment in Chopin Script in dark brown and printed that on one of the verse papers. I used the other verse paper to line the envelope (and act as a cushion for the card).After I loaded this photo, I noticed a smudge in the photo, and long story short, my camera is at the Canon repair center now :(
Whenever I send a card to my parents, they want our "logo" on the back. It's basically a scottie dog with 3 dots on either side, but to my mom, it's our "trademark"...gotta love my parents, they're my biggest fans!
SUPPLIES: Paper...textured dark brown (DCWV), Brown Damonds (Paper Pizazz); Stamps...Mixed Messages (PTI), Winter Woods (Rubber Stampede); Ink...Espresso Brown (Adirondack), Jumbo Java (VersaMagic chalk) Antique Linen distress ink; other...brads (Making Memories), clear EP, gelly roll stardust pen, dimensionals.

No comments: