Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Celebrate Today

Steve is going out of town for the week (again), and Ziggy starts school today...my other kids started homeschool yesterday, and I think it went okay; we even managed to take the new puppy to the vet. Right now, I'm just trying to feel energetic enough to have a good attitude. So I decided a happy card might do the trick. The sentiment I chose was "celebrate today," and why not? The fact that it is indeed Today is more than enough reason to celebrate.

When I saw this Confetti paper (My Mind's Eye), I just smiled. Don't know if it is the dots or the colors or maybe both. It was one of those impulse buys (sorry, Steve, don't growl too much at me), and I even bought coordinating ribbon. I really haven't made much with the paper yet, because I get happy just looking at it. But I just had to put my Lockhart butterfly on it (because she's kind of dotty, like the paper)...maybe I should name her "Dotty" or "Confetti"...hmm...


SUPPLIES: Stamps...Butterfly (Lockhart), Large Polka Dots for envie (CHF), Mixed Messages (PTI); Ink...Berry Sorbet , Noir (Palette), Aegean Blue (Versamagic chalk ink); Paper... Confetti (My Mind's Eye), Stamper's Select white (PTI); Misc...small circle punch, oval coluzzle, dimensionals, prismacolor pencils, OMS, blending stumps, scarlet prismacolor marker

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Oh this is so fresh and pretty! It makes me think of gumballs in a gumball jar for some reason! hehehe yummy color palette I guess!