Monday, September 1, 2008

Beginning...again

School starts for my kids this week. Ziggy's classes start on Wednesday, but my other kids want to start on Tuesday. Now the hectic schedule starts again, and I get tired just thinking of all the running around we'll have to do this year, with everybody's music, art, and sports classes. And squeezing in night activities while maintaining regular dinner and bedtimes gets exhausting. Then there's Christmas, which is fun, but a lot of work to get everybody's gifts (especially when I don't have much time to go shopping). It's only September, and I'm starting to have a hard time going to sleep at night...

So, today's card is to remind me to settle down and enjoy what matters most. I used the first sentiment stamp I ever purchased...."peace." I combined it with my new Out on a Limb stamp, and added pine needles to the branches so that it would be wintery. I showed it to my mom and she said I should add some red berries for color, but pine trees don't have berries..."Oh, no one would notice..." Sorry, Mom, I just couldn't do it; wouldn't be fair to the pines, and hollies might get mad.

Anyways, it's my wish for now...PEACE.
SUPPLIES: Paper...Stamper's Select white, Dark Chocolate (PTI), Green (DCWV); Stamps...Out on a Limb (PTI), Peace (Amuse) ;Ink...Espresso (Adirondack); Misc...olive green prismacolor pencil, gold & ivory organdy (Joann's)

2 comments:

Anastasia said...

oh yeah, we can't let the hollies get mad...

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is just so lovely! I love how the colors are calming and the layout is so simply classy!