Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Swirly Days

Somehow, this time of year is busy and "swirly" for me. Lots to do, weather changing, holidays approaching...not a calm autumn like it used to be when the kids were younger. I'm starting to see swirls and movement in everything now, including our last science project: Peter's Mars volcano...who knew that a little food coloring, vinegar and baking soda could be so much fun? Anyways, last week I tried paper piecing for the first time, and it was so much fun! Anastasia gave it a go, too (although she didn't finish her card, so I can't post it). I found a cute pumpkin stamp at Michael's and just had to piece it with Basic Gray's Ambrosia paper. Yes, it is a busy card, but it kind of fits my mind and mood right now...
SUPPLIES: Stamps...Pumpkin (Michael's $1 bin); Ink...Noir (Palette); Paper...White (GP 110#), Ambrosia (Basic Gray), Orange Poppy (Martha Stewart); Misc...glue pen (Martha Stewart), craft knife (Fiskars), Rectangle Nesties

I made this next one as a joke for my mom...she's not into the patterned paper thing, or combining patterns on one card, but I just had to make her an autumnal greeting card...plus, I added gray satin ribbon, which is close to black, and according to her, "black makes everything classy." So, yeah, it's a busy card, but I still like it.
SUPPLIES: same as above, except used Summer Sunrise (PTI) for base and Gray satin ribbon (Joann's Bridal ribbons) and circle Nesties

And here is our swirly volcano activity...this is after Peter had calmed down, so it's not a very ridiculous picture...although I do still have those in my possession...

No comments: