Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Anastasia's Baptism

Saturday was Anastasia's baptism! She's my yellow girl, so I wanted to make a card that was mostly yellow to celebrate the occasion.

I have to laugh at this one, because I originally intended to make a yellow card with black accents, because I think that combination is really striking...but I had this shimmery yellow-gold paper that was screaming to be used, so I just had to use it. I completely copied the card design from Debbie Olson's card here
. Once again, I am so thankful that people are willing to share their designs online; it helps so much when I can't figure out what to make!

You can't really tell from the photo, but the paper is so shimmery! I added some Liquid Pearls to accent the ends of the cross, and a bling for the center (I didn't have enough rhinestones for the entire cross, so I just did the center)
SUPPLIES:
Stamps....Everyday Blessings (PTI)
Ink....Noir (Palette)
Paper...Solar White (Neenah), shimmery yellow gold (unknown manufacturer, from LSS)
Misc...Liquid Pearls, yellow bridal ribbon (Joann's), dimensionals
This photo was taken during the reception afterwards...her youth group leader gave her the prettiest rose...

No comments: