Thursday, June 19, 2008

Red, White, and Blue

Don't know why, but I feel like doing things in red, white, and blue during June and July. Maybe it's the power of suggestion from all the displays in the ads and stores. Anyways, when I saw Nicole Heady's blog for her Memorial Day party, I knew the design she used was just what I needed for some thank-you notes. Her design kind of makes me think of band playing John Philips Sousa in a gazebo in the park (don't know why). Which is what I was looking for: Americana with Class.

I don't have Photo Shop, so it ended of to be kind of a pain to print out just what I wanted. I printed out her blank invitation documents. Then I made a Word document of "Thank You" in Chopin Script and printed that on the invitation paper. I printed it so that the cards would be horizontal because I wanted the stars to be a little "tilty". I really wish I could have resized her template, because the note with the zig-zag is too big for a standard envelope, and I had to make my own (which is not too hard, but I can't do 10 of these guys, and get them done before Christmas time). The zig-zag idea is from Debbie Olson, using a Martha Stewart punch.



The patriotic star motif was also perfect for a gift card enclosure for a set of napkins that I sewed for my mom. I got this cute fabric at Joann's last month, and finally got around to sewing the napkins last week. Also picked up a cute towel at Target that matches the set! So I made a gift tag, and also printed a blank invitation-sized card to write Mom a short note.
SUPPLIES: Paper...Stamper's Select (PTI), Textured Blue (DCWV); Misc...zig-zag punch (Martha Stewart), Chopin Script font

No comments: