Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All Thumbs

ETA: The second card in this post received Honorable Mention for Papertrey Ink's July contest. I am so humbled; my card is so plain, but Nicole was kind enough to display it on her blog...very sweet!

Here are a couple of cards I did a few weeks ago, after I received my Green Thumb set from PTI...I really like this set, and it's versatile enough to do birthdays, thank-yous, and just-because cards.

This first one is because it rains so much here in the Northwest, that you might as well walk around in style. I made it in my two favorite bright colors, Berry Sorbet and Summer Sunrise...

SUPPLIES: Stamps...Green Thumb (PTI), Polka Dot BG (CHF); Ink...Berry Sorbet , palette Noir (PTI), Mango Madness (VersaMagic Chalk ink); Paper...Berry Sorbet, Summer Sunrise, Stamper's Select (PTI); Pencils (for shoe heel)...Spanish Orange, Carmine Red (Prismacolor pencils); Misc...Berry Sorbet Satin ribbon (PTI), dimensionals; OMS & blending stumps

This next card was inspired by one of the pots on my front porch...I have 5 pots, and 4 of them are happily growing flowers or tomatoes. The seeds just will not sprout in the 5th pot. If I ever see any sprout in that pot, it will be a joyous day, indeed!

I wanted this card to look really plain, except for the pop of color on the flower. This card was so much fun to make. The watering can was cut out and adhered to the card because that was the safest way to get a totally gray can: I stamped it, cut it out, sponged the image with the stamp pad (to get a solid color). I also made the top of the can curved by stamping a piece of flower stem, curved to match the bottom of the can.


SUPPLIES: Stamps...Green Thumb (PTI); Ink...Pallete Noir, Berry Sorbet (PTI), Moss Green, Antique Pewter (Color Box); Paper...Kraft (unknown source), Vintage Cream, Stampers Select (PTI); Misc...paper piercer, dimensionals, corner-rounder punch (EK).

No comments: