Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hiking and Birds

Just a couple of bird cards I did for Mom...need to post them, so if she needs more, I'll have an idea of what I did. The first one is pretty much designed after this one by Tammy Hershberger (I showed Mom the photo of Tammy's card, and she wanted me to make a set for her...I did this one without the flowers, though. I'll make her a black one with red flowers as soon as I get my Nesties).

SUPPLIES: Stamps...Birds Galore (Inkadinkado), Boxes, Bags & Tags (PTI), Thank You (Fiskars); Paper...Bohemian Memories & My Journey (My Mind's Eye); Ink...Coffee Bean (Tsukineko Brillance); Misc...brown ribbon from Mom's thrift store.

This one is the same layout, but with old buttons (from a thrift store) instead of ribbon. This one was fun, because Mom volunteers in a thrift store, and the name of the patterned paper is "Thrift Store." The paper is adhesive, so it was really quick to put together. Steve said it's "too busy", but I wanted it to look eclectic, like a thrift store :)

SUPPLIES: Stamps...Birds Galore (Inkadinkado); Paper...Thrift Store adhesive mats (Autumn Leaves); Ink...coffee bean (Tsukineko Brillance); Misc...clear EP, Martha Stewart border punch, old buttons.

Steve was on another business trip, and I needed to do something with the kids, so we decided to go on a little hike to Wahlclella Falls, which is about 40 miles from home. What fun! Ziggy was a little nervous at first, but decided that if Erik Weinmeyer could climb Mt. Everest, then he could manage this 2 mile hike. It was a bit tricky, since most of the trail is just wide enough for one person, so it was hard to guide Ziggy, but we managed. Another hiker (and her dog) offered to take a group photo of us at the end of the trail (have to laugh at this one since I'm standing on low ground I look short...I'm actually 5'7", but it's kind of neat not being the tallest in a photo)...What a fun day!!!

1 comment:

Keri Lee Sereika said...

Whoa these are all FABULOUS!!!

And those Falls are GORGEOUS!!! I want to come visit you!!!